Snapchat is one of the leading social media messaging applications used by more than 293 million users in the 2nd Quarter of 2021. It’s common for everyone who uses a mobile phone at night time, they feel eyes strain. To avoid this most of all the social media apps provide Dark Mode options in their applications.
What is Dark Mode?
Dark Mode aka night mode or bedtime mode is a setting where the color scheme of the app is altered to a darker landscape. The design reduces the light emitted by device screens while maintaining the minimum color contrast ratios required for readability. Research and studies show that dark themes can reduce strain on the eyes, especially when you are using your device in low-light conditions.
Dark mode settings help devices with OLED and AMOLED screens by consuming less power and saving on battery. The concept is simple. Each pixel on your OLED display is lit up individually. So, when your display background is white, all the pixels light up, consuming more power. In dark theme settings, the pixels turn black or don’t light up at all. But do remember that this will help only if you have a device with an OLED screen.
Snapchat recently announced a dark mode feature for ios devices after many years. Soon they plan to provide this feature for android users too. In this article, we will have a look at how to enable Snapchat Dark Mode on both Android and iOS mobile apps.
How To Get Snapchat Dark Mode on iPhone
If you’re using Snapchat on an iPhone and worried about not getting the dark mode option like Android mobile users do, here is some happy news for you. In May 2021, Snapchat Inc launched a dark theme mode for all ios users. So here it’s simple steps to enable dark mode on your ios mobile.
- Open your Snapchat app on your iPhone and go to your profile.
- Select the “Gear (Settings) Icon” in the top right.
- Scroll Down on My Account and select “App Appearance.“
- Now Select the “Always Dark” option in the shown list.
Finally, your Snapchat app is changed into dark mode. This feature is available for all iOS 13 and 14 users too. If you still can’t find the dark mode setting on the Snapchat app, update and use the latest version or contact the Snapchat support team for guidance. Snapchat is offering three different types of “Appearance” modes for iOS users to choose from. The first mode maintains a dark theme for the app regardless of the default iOS system theme, the second mode maintains a light theme for the app, and the third mode matches the iOS setting.
Also Read: How To Delete Snapchat Account Permanently
How To Make Snapchat Dark Mode on Android
If you’re using the Snapchat app on an Android phone, it can be more tricky to get Dark Mode enabled because Snapchat hasn’t officially released it to the public yet. But there is another way to get a dark mode for Snapchat on your Android device.
- For this, you need to activate Developer Mode which gives “force” Dark Mode on Snapchat.
- To enable dark mode on your mobile device by tapping on Settings and then select the Display menu and enable dark mode.
- Now Return to the settings menu and select the About Phone section.
- Now Select “Software Information.”
- Find “Build Number” and tap it 6 times continuously to activate developer mode.
- Again Go Back to “Settings” and select the “Developer Options” that was just enabled.
- Scroll down and Toggle the “Force Dark Mode.” So now you’ll find that Snapchat now runs in Dark Mode.
This is the common method to turn on the dark mode option in android phones. There are some other third-party apps also available to change dark mode on mobile. Substratum, DarQ, Dark Mode, and Blue Light Filter apps are quite easy to install and use. However, your Android device needs to be rooted for the app to work.
More Blog About Snapchat