Snapchat Stats 2020
Snapchat is an American messaging application developed by Stanford University students Reggie Brown, Evan Spiegel, and Bobby Murphy in 2011. It allows users to send photos (that is called ‘snaps’) that are viewable only 1 to 10 seconds after that it will be deleted automatically. As of Q2, 2020 the Snapchat’s have 238M daily active users, and 66% of users are falling into the age group is 12-17 & 81% of users from 18-24 ages. This app is mostly used by American teens (102 M) and Indian (28 M) people as of April 2020.
Emojis are the right way to communicate your feelings and thought to another person without using text mainly it saves your time. These days, if you send a message to someone with plain text, they might think you’re upset or angry at them especially if it’s a close friend or your loved ones.
Snapchat emojis are different from all other messaging app emojis such as Facebook and Twitter. If you’re new to this Snapchat app, you will get a doubt about how to change and use Snapchat emojis, and also you might face some difficulties. These Snapchat emoji themes are more multi-purpose than on other platforms to express your emotions in texts. In the Snapchat app, you can create your emoji called bitmoji to interact with your close friends.
The emojis on the app can be set automatically and manually which is mainly used to track the activity of you and your friends. When Snapchat assigns your chat an emoji, the metrics they look at include the number of snaps you send to one another, and how frequently you reply to each other’s messages. To see the emoji lists, open your Snapchat profile and go to the Friends section.
In this article, we will have look at all the most used Snapchat emojis, their meaning, and how to use those snap emojis wisely.
What is Snapchat Emojis?
When Snapchat launched they used a “Best Friends” feature to display who you frequently send and receive messages on this app. But this information was available publicly so that anyone can tap on somebody’s profile and see their top 3 friends without their knowledge. This is the main reason to remove their “Snapchat Best Friends Emoji” system because top Snapchat users were concerned about their data privacy and security breaches.
The current Snapchat emoji feature is more user-friendly than the “Best Friends” ranking feature. Snapchat has a list of some symbols/icons and emojis. Snapchat symbols are used in expressing relationships between friends whereas Snapchat emojis are small visual images used in chats. The Snapchat emoji meanings are simple and easy to understand.
These Snapchat icons are used to know info on sent and received snaps. Below is the meaning of the Snapchat icons:
Purple color Arrow – contains snap with audio.
Open purple-colored arrow – Send snap was opened by someone with audio.
Red color arrow – snap does not go with the audio
Open red-colored arrow – snap opened by someone, and does not have audio
Open blue colored arrow – chat is opened
blue color arrow – sent chat
Open green colored arrow – chat viewed and received by the receiver
If you found the zodiac emoji end of your friend’s Snapchat username, that represents the following date ranges.
- ♈ Aries — March 21 – April 20
- ♉ Taurus — April 21 – May 21
- ♊ Gemini — May 22 – June 21
- ♋ Cancer — June 22 – July 22
- ♌ Leo — July 23 – August 22
- ♍ Virgo — August 23 – September 23
- ♎ Libra — September 24 – October 23
- ♏ Scorpius — October 24 – November 22
- ♐ Sagittarius — November 23 – December 21
- ♑ Capricorn — December 22 – January 20
- ♒ Aquarius — January 21 – February 19
- ♓ Pisces — February 20 – March 20
Snapchat Emojis List and Meaning
Here we listed the 2020’s top most used and popular Snapchat emoji symbol, names with meaning for your understanding.
|Gold Star||If your friends have replayed this person’s snaps in the past 24 hours.|
|Yellow Heart||If you see this emoji next to your friend’s name, you’re the #1 best friend with each other on Snapchat. You and that person send and received the most snaps.|
|Red Heart||If you see that Red Heart next to your friend’s name for over two weeks, you both are Best Friends (BFs).|
|Pink Hearts||If you see a couple of pink hearts next to that contact’s username for more than two months, then you both BFFs status.|
|Baby Face||This baby emoji indicates that you and that user just recently became friends on this Snap app.|
|Face With Sunglasses||The smiley face with sunglasses on shows one of your best friends is also their best friend. This means Mutual friends: you send a lot of snaps to someone they also send a lot of snaps to.|
|Grimacing Face||This awkward Grimacing smile emoji meaning is that your #1 Best Friend on Snapchat is also the user’s #1 Best Friend. You both have a strong connection with the same person.|
|Smirking Face||This smirk emoji smile appears when you’re on the user’s Best Friends list while they aren’t on yours. It happens when you don’t send many snaps them but they send you a lot.|
|Smiling Face||The simple smiley face emoji define that you and the user are each other’s Best Friends and share a lot of snaps. This emoji also means you’re not top of your friend’s contact list but you are in their top eight.|
|Fire||This fire emoji is called Snapstreak. If you exchange Snaps with another user for several days in a row, you’ll see a fire emoji next to this friend’s name.|
|Hundred||100 Day Snapstreak. If you and other users shared snaps 100 days in a row, you’ll see 100 emoji at the end of your friend’s username.|
|Hourglass||The hourglass Snapchat emoji shows that you need to send a Snap to this person as soon as possible if you want the continue Snapstreak.|
|Birthday Cake||This birthday cake emoji tells you that your friend has a birthday today. It only displays if your friend has the Birthday Party feature enabled in settings.|
|Sparkles Emoji||This sparkles emoji indicates that you and the user are sharing a Snapchat group chat together.|
How to Use Emojis on Snapchat
The above-explained Snapchat emojis are the default options that are assigned to all the contacts on your friends’ list. You can also set your unique emojis for particular users if your friends that already have Friend Emojis assigned to them by Snapchat.
To customize your friend emojis, follow the below steps:
- Open your Snapchat profile.
- Go to Settings.
- For Android Users, scroll down and find Customize Emojis.
- For iOS Users, scroll down, and find Additional Services > Manage > Friend Emojis.
If you want a Snapchat emoji guide to copy and paste, there are lots of online emoji-providing websites available. If you search on Google and Pinterest you will get more Snapchat emoji ideas, emoji creators, Snapchat emoji games, and Snapchat emoji themes to customize your own emojis as per your thoughts. Snapchat also provides some reserved emojis for verified Snapchat account users.
Snapchat Story Emojis
Here are some of the most popular Snapchat story emojis of verified accounts
- 👾 Alien Monster Emoji: Joe Jonas (username: joseadam)
- 🎈Balloon Emoji: Rihanna (username: rihanna)
- 💪 Bicep Emoji: Arnold Schwarzenegger (username: arnoldschnitzel)
- 🌵 Cactus Emoji: Jared Leto (username: jaredleto)
- 🍒 Cherry Emoji: Demi Lovato (username: theddlovato)
- 💫 Circling Star Emoji: Emily Ratajkowski (username: emrata)
- 🎬 Clapboard Emoji: Ryan Seacrest (username: ryanseacrest)
- 👏 Clapping Hands Emoji: Zedd (username: zedd)
- 🌙 Crescent Moon Emoji: Ariana Grande (username: moonlightbae)
- 👑Crown Emoji: Kylie Jenner (username: kylizzlemynizzl)
- 📀 Disc Emoji: David Guetta (username: davidguettaoff)
- 👊 Fist Emoji: Alesso (username: alesso)
- 🔑 Key Emoji: DJ Khaled (username: djkhaled305)
- 🐨 Koala Emoji: 5 Seconds of Summer (username: wearefivesos)
- 🍐 Pear Emoji: Rick Ross (username: ferrarifatboy)
- 💟 Pink Heart Emoji: Selena Gomez (username: selenagomez)
- 🍕Pizza Emoji: Bella Hadid, Chrissy Teigen, Martin Garrix (usernames: babybels777, chrissyteigen, martingarrix)
- 💩 Poo Emoji: Victoria Justice (username: victoriajustice)
- 🙏 Praying Hands Emoji: Justin Bieber (username: rickthesizzler)
- 🐀 Rat Emoji: Ruby Rose (username: rubyrose)
- 🚣 Rowboat Emoji: The Lonely Island (username: tliboys)
- 🌹 Rose Emoji: Rosie Huntington Whitley (username: rosiehw)
- 🚨Siren Emoji: Tiesto (username: tiesto)
- 🐅Tiger Emoji: Calvin Harris (username: calvinharris)
- 🌷Tulip Emoji: Jessica Alba (username: jessicaalba)
- ⬆️ Up Arrow Emoji: One Direction (username: onedirection)
Whether you use Snapchat to make friends or to spy on your children’s or any other person’s internet usage, it’s good to be aware of each of the Snapchat emoji meanings. It’s a good way to keep track of your connections on the app.
It’s called 😏 Smirking Face. It’s used to shows the feelings including smugness, cheeky humor, self-confidence, self-indulgence, mischief, cheeky humor, and general satisfaction.
The grinning face 😁 with smiling eyes emoji expresses joy, happiness, cheerfulness, or excitement. It might also be used to show an ironic attempt at positivity when things are grim.
Two heart symbols 💕 with staggered up and down emoji is widely used to express love, romance, affection, pleasure, or happiness.