Dark Mode for Facebook Mobile App
In recent months, the social media giant facebook redesigned its website and mobile app for a better user experience with lots of new features. So here it’s good news for all Facebook users that they confirmed launching dark mode options on its every mobile app such as Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, and Instagram after a month of testing. Earlier in March, Facebook also added a dark mode for pc as part of its desktop app. Facebook has a massive number of around 3 billion active mobile users monthly. So it would make sense for Facebook to rolling out dark mode in its main app but keep in mind any bug or design issues could affect a larger section of its audience.
The dark mode option on the Facebook, announcement was first made by Jane Manchun Wong who is a reverse engineering expert and app industry superstar normally tweets about unreleased features in many apps (including WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook Lite), but the tweet has collaborated with company’s official spokespersons.
Enable Facebook Dark Mode Feature in Mobile App
Facebook for Android’s, Dark Mode feature was tested and publicly available a few months ago for some beta version users. To enable Facebook dark mode option on your android or iOS app,
- First, update your Facebook app
- Once updated, go to Facebook’s “Settings & Privacy” menu
- Below you will see the Dark Mode option
- Click and Toggle On that to activate the dark mode feature.
Note: This dark mode option is only available from Android 10 onwards.
We have yet to receive an official press release from Facebook on their Newsroom website, but a Facebook spokesperson confirms this rollout. As he said “We know people have been asking for dark mode, and they won’t have to wait much longer. People will start to see the option in their Facebook app settings as we roll it out globally.”
This feature is very much useful and saves your eyes when scrolling through Facebook late at night.
Force Dark Mode Developer Option
If you can’t activate the dark mode option on your mobile, there is another easiest way to do this. That is called the force dark mode option, this will be available on android 10 or above version mobile. By using this developer mode feature, you can switch your mobile into a dark mode and that will reflect all dark mode feature apps too. To enable the hidden developer options follow the below steps
- Go to your mobile settings
- Then click ‘about phone’ and choose software information
- You will find the build number click that 5 times continuously.
- Now the developer mode has been turned on.
- Go back to settings and below you find developer options.
- In that search, force dark mode
- Now enable that force dark mode feature.
- Now you get a shortcut dark mode icon
- Toggle on that and enjoy the dark mode feature for whatsapp, facebook and complete mobile too.