Telegram is a cloud-based free instant-messaging app, video calling, VOIP, and file sharing that was launched in 2013 by founder Pavel Durov and now it has over 550 million monthly active users all over the globe. Ever since its launch, Telegram has gained attraction and its user base has also increased massively so that it is one of the top 10 ranked social media platforms in the world.
Telegram Statistics 2021
- Telegram has 550 million monthly active users with an increase of 175% since 2018.
- Telegram has 55.2 million daily active users.
- The average Telegram user spends 2.9 hours on the app each month.
- Telegram’s user base consists of 41.4% female users and 58.6% male users.
- There are over 20,000 stickers on Telegram.
- Telegram was the 7th most downloaded app across iOS & Android in August 2021.
Source: Telegram Stats by Backlinko
Top 10 most popular Telegram Channels
Source: Telegram Analytics
Telegram has experienced many security issues in the past, including data leaks, hacker attacks, and breaches. In 2017, hackers spread malware to Windows computers via Telegram, and mainly Telegram does not use end-to-end encryption by default. So many users are afraid to use this app and move to other alternative messaging apps.
How to Delete Telegram Account
Do you feel Telegram is not safe and secure, you can delete a Telegram account permanently by following the simple steps. Deactivating a telegram account will permanently delete all your messages, contact lists, groups, and channels. It is an irreversible process and so if you login back in with the same number, you will be considered as a new user and your contacts will be notified.
How To Delete Telegram Account On Desktop Browser
Telegram offers a direct link to delete telegram profiles instantly from any web browser on the desktop. Follow these steps to delete your Telegram account easily.
- Open your browser on desktop or mobile and enter this URL https://my.telegram.org/auth?to=deactivate
- Enter your Telegram phone number with the area code. Once done, click Next
- Now you will receive a confirmation code, enter this code and sign in to your telegram account
- From the ‘Telegram Core’ section, click on the ‘Delete Account option’
- Enter the reason for deleting your telegram account (it’s optional)
- If you are sure about getting rid of your telegram account, click Yes, delete my account in the pop-up
That’s it! Your Telegram account is successfully deleted.
How To Delete Telegram Account On Android
For mobile users, Telegram doesn’t offer a direct link to delete a telegram account. Instead, they provide a deactivation process. By this method, you can select the time frame to delete the telegram app. Here are the steps to deactivate Telegram account on Android:
- Open Telegram App on Android phone and click on Settings
- Select the ‘Privacy and Security‘ tab
- Scroll down and you will find the ‘Delete My Account option’
- Tap ‘If Away for’ and select the idle time frame after which your Telegram account will be disabled forever. You can choose from 1, 3, 6, and 12 months. (By default Telegram has set this to 6 months.)
- Once done, if you don’t use a Telegram account for the selected time frame, Telegram will permanently delete your account on Android.
How to delete Telegram Account permanently on iPhone
The steps to deactivating a Telegram account permanently on iPhone are pretty much the same as Android mobile.
- Open Telegram on iPhone and go to Settings
- Click on Privacy and Security
- Scroll down over to If Away for option
- Click on 6 months to get more options, up to 12 months
If your telegram profile remains idle for the chosen period, it will be deleted automatically along with all messages and contacts.
How To Delete Telegram Account Without Phone Number
You can’t delete your telegram account without a phone number and a confirmation code if your current profile is logged out.
Can I recover my deleted Telegram account?
After deleting your Telegram account, you won’t be able to recover any associated data like chat history or contacts. To use this telegram app again you’ll have to create a new telegram account with your phone number.