A great YouTube channel requires an awesome name same as the video content. To maximize channel views and subscribers, you should have an easily searchable and attractive YouTube name. So it’s important to know how to set up a YouTube channel name to get the full potential of your profile.
YouTube Custom URL
If you want to set up a custom URL for your YouTube channel, you should have below eligibility
- Have 100 or more subscribers.
- Channel should at least 30 days old.
- Should Have an uploaded photo as a channel icon.
- Have uploaded channel art.
This article will guide you on how to change your YouTube name easily with step by step guide.
How to change your YouTube channel name
To change your YouTube name, you’ll need to make sure your account is a YouTube brand account. A brand account provides you with some extra functionality over the standard personal YouTube account such as allow others to jointly manage the account including Google Photos and YouTube.
To find out if your channel is a Brand Account follow the below steps
- Go to the channel settings by clicking your channel profile picture.
- Click the advanced setting in the navigation on the left.
- Under the Account Information, you’ll see a message like the one shown in the below image:
If your account is not branded, then you will see like below image
Still, you can change your YouTube name on a standard and non-branded YouTube account. But your name also changed on all other Google services like Gmail.
Change YouTube Channel Name
- Sign in to your YouTube channel by clicking the sign-in button on the right corner with the correct email and password.
- Click on the Settings gear icon which will appear if you click profile picture.
- Under the Your YouTube Channel overview section, select the Edit on Google link to change your name.
- Now change your First name and Last name to what you want your channel to be called.
- Finally, click the Save button to finish.
And that’s it. You have successfully changed the new YouTube channel username.
Change Your YouTube Channel Name on a Phone (Android and iOS)
Same as changing your YouTube channel name on PC, you can also change it through your android or iOS mobile.
- Login YouTube Channel on your mobile browser.
- Simply tap on your YouTube channel logo in the top right, and then tap on your channel name.
- Tap on that pencil icon and change your desired YouTube channel name.
Youtube Channel Name Change Limit
There is also a limit for change your YouTube channel name URL. So you can only change your YouTube name three times every 90 days. And to get an instant YouTube channel name change link visit the Google support page.