WeChat Statistics for 2023 and Beyond
WeChat is the top-used messaging platform in China and it is one of the most used social media messaging apps in the world. It’s also called weixin (微信) which is launched by Tencent in 2011. Tencent company also provides various apps and services including QQ Messenger, WeCom, QQ Mail, Tencent Music, Alipay, and more. In China alone, around 1.3 billion users use Wechat and its annual growth rate is 48.7% from 2011 to 2022.
Here are some of the most recent WeChat statistics Infographics prepared by the Adchina website. This will be very useful for businesses that promote their service and products in China market. Want to be part of this biggest social media platform? Checkout the official website and register a WeChat account (微信注册).
WeChat User Statistics
- In 2022, WeChat touched a mammoth 811 million users in China, which is 57.9% of the total population.
- In 2021, it starts with 968.32 million users and is estimated to reach 1.102 billion by 2025.
- WeChat users sent 45 billion messages daily, out of these, 205 million are video messages.
- 6.1 billion voice messages are sent daily on WeChat.
- About 360 million users read articles on Wechat posted by official accounts.
- 120 million post updates on Moments and 10 billion users hits daily.
- 500 million users use Wechat Mini Programs daily.
- There are 3.5 million registered programs in 2021 in the Tencent app store.
- 76% of WeChat account users use Moments features to share stories and watch friends’ stories on a daily basis.
- On Facebook, users spent 41 minutes daily, whereas on WeChat users spend 66 minutes on this app.
Infographic About WeChat Statistics in 2023
WeChat Business Statistics
- There are 20 million active WeChat official accounts that are used to promote their business activities.
- Over 34% of official account owners agree that this WeChat app helps to cut costs by more than 30%.
- 57.3% of users discover new Official Accounts to follow after being recommended list.
- On Average, a normal Wechat user follows 10 to 20 official accounts. Around 4.3% of users follow 30 to 50 accounts and 2.7% of users follow more than 50 official WeChat profiles.
- 70% of Chinese people use WeChat for communication, instead of QQ mail and other email services.
WeChat Pay Statistics
- Almost 45% of users prefer to use WeChat pay to send and receive money.
- Over 10 million merchants use WeChat pay.
- 23 thousand monthly service providers and merchants.
- More than 1800 banks and Payment institutions integrated.
However, this messaging platform also sees an average of 19 million daily active users in the US, while it’s also widely used by a range of businesses for promoting their brands.
These are the most recent and key statistics available for WeChat. Check out the Adchina website for detailed WeChat statistics for 2022 and future growth in 2023 estimation.