What is Facebook Kids Messenger App
Messenger Kids is a messaging app launched by Facebook in December 2017 especially for kids ages 6 to 13 and it does not require a Facebook account. It is a free video calling and messaging app that includes features like games, stickers, GIFs, emojis, and drawing tools that give kids more ways to express their talents. This Facebook messenger gives complete parental control about your children’s activity. This app is the best way to monitor your child’s Facebook messenger.
This Facebook messenger kids app is available in around 70+ countries including the US, Canada, India, Peru, Brazil, Japan, New Zealand, and more. The app is now available on both iOS and Android platforms mobile and tablets.
For Android users – Messenger Kids for Android
For iOS Users – Messenger Kids for iOS
Chromebook doesn’t support apps. But you can use this kids messenger app if you have a newer version of Chromebook. It supports the Google Play store and you can run Facebook Messenger just fine. These Chromebooks will have an Android Application Runtime Environment. It’s currently in beta, and you can access the Beta here: Use Android apps from the Chrome Web Store.
How Messenger Kids Works
Messenger kids works based on the parent dashboard from their Facebook account, parents can manage their child’s contact list, monitor their activity, and change their account settings whenever they want. Kids can also block and report unknown friend requests, and this app will send notifications to their parents. To access this app, kids no need to create a new Facebook account.
Facebook Messenger Kids Account Creation
To set up a new Messenger Kids account, you need to authenticate your child’s device by using your own Facebook username and password.
Step 1. Download the Messenger Kids app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
Step 2. Open the app and authenticate the device with your Facebook profile.
Step 3. Then enter your child’s name and other information.
Step 4. Now the app is ready to use.
If your messenger kids account creation failure or not working, update your app or just uninstall your parent facebook account and reinstall it, which helps the messenger will work fine. If you want to make video or audio calls in this app, you should grant permission to access your camera and microphone. If sometimes messenger kids video is not working, check with the app permission and update, troubleshoot or reinstall your app from the play store or app store based on your mobile OS platform.
Messenger Kids Code
Facebook kids messenger code is like a passcode your child can share with friends. It’s a 4-word code where your child’s friends can use this code to request permission to chat with your child in the Messenger Kids app.
How to add a new contact on messenger kids app
In your Facebook messenger kids parent dashboard, you can add contacts, who the child can communicate with.
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Go to the Messenger Kids dashboard in the left menu. If you don’t see it on your menu, click See More… and scroll down to find it.
- Below the Accounts you manage, click your child’s name.
- Click Contacts.
- Click Add Contacts. Search for people you’d like to add or select a category (example: Other Kids, Family Members, Your Friends), then click Add.
If you can’t find one of your child’s friends, click Invite Other Parents to invite their parent to download the Messenger Kids app. Any parent or guardian you ask will be able to see your child’s name and photo, but won’t be added as your child’s contact.
When a child is connected with any adult, the child will not see their Facebook page. They will only see the adult’s name and profile picture.
Remove a contact in Messenger Kids
Follow the below steps and remove any unknown contacts from your child’s messenger account.
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Click Messenger Kids in the left menu.
- Now Click Contacts and Click those three dots on the right side of the contact.
- Select Remove [person] as a contact.
Facebook Messenger Kids Updated Version Features
The redesigned messenger kids app is so kid-friendly, look-and-feel Facebook Messenger. Facebook introduces new navigation with dedicated “Chat” and “Explore” tabs at the bottom of the screen that allows the kids to switch between their conversations and the other in-app activities like mini-games. A new swipe gesture can help kids can start a call from their inbox. The company says the new features will first roll out to kids using iPhones in the U.S. and Canada. Later they will expand this to other devices and markets in the upcoming months.
How to Erase Messages on Kids Messenger
Kids can’t delete sent messages or images without parent approval, which means if a child is using inappropriate language in chat, they wouldn’t be able to erase what they’ve said.
How To Delete Messenger Kids Account
If you feel your child is no longer using Facebook Kids Messenger app, then you can delete kids messenger account by following simple steps.
Delete Messenger Kids Profile on Android / iPhone
- Log in to your Facebook app.
- Tap the Menu tab at the bottom right (on iPhone) or top right (on Android).
- Scroll down and tap on “See More”.
- Click the “Messenger Kids” section and open it.
- Now choose the kid’s account that you want to delete.
- Tap the Controls tab and select ‘Edit Info’.
- Then tap ‘Delete Account’ and again Tap Delete to confirm.
Delete Messenger Kids App on Computer
To delete your child’s kids’ Messenger app account on the computer, follow the below steps.
- Visit facebook.com/messenger_kids link for kids messenger login in a browser on your computer.
- Click the child account you want to delete in the menu on the left under Accounts you manage.
- Now Click Controls.
- Below Account Settings, click Account Details.
- Click Delete Account, then click Remove to Confirm.
How To Activate and Use Sleep Mode on Messenger Kids App
Facebook added a sleep mode feature in Kids messenger to avoid kids using the messenger at night time. With this parents can set a default off time and each day at the designated time, the app will “go to sleep” and not be accessible to kids during those hours. Sleep mode is controlled from the Parent Control center in the parent’s Facebook account and the “off times” can be changed at any time.
- Go to the Messenger Kids controls in the main Facebook app. Tap on the child’s name, and then on “Sleep Mode” in the App Controls section.
- Set the times you want the app to turn off for your child. You can set different times for weekdays versus weekends. Once you set the limits, the child will not be able to use the app during those hours.
If you need to review the messenger kids app or read other reviews, just go to check or write in the play store or the app store and any other third-party review sites.
Hope this article will give you a complete guide about Facebook Messenger Kids and its features.