Forgetting the password is pathetic and trying to remember that password and login into your account may be exhausting. Maybe it’s been a while since you last logged in your Facebook, or just started a new Facebook account and can’t remember the email address or phone number you used to create it. Now did you forget or lost your Facebook password? Well, you are not the only one in this world to face this issue. It is a common issue that everyone facing to recover their Facebook account.
If it happens to you, it can be frustrating to lose access to your Facebook account. Don’t worry, you’re in the right place. Here we will guide you to recover your Facebook password even without an email or phone number.
How to Reset Facebook Password
The Facebook account password reset process very is tricky, especially if didn’t set up backup recovery options like a phone number or email address. Please keep in mind that many of the options below take time and many people tried and they have succeeded sometimes its doesn’t work at all.
Facebook Login Page: Go to the Facebook login page and enter your Facebook email address and password. If still, it shows “the username or password that you’ve entered incorrect.” You have to re-think your password or you have to find your Facebook account that available or its disable or hacked.
Choose Password Recovery Option
By using your Facebook email address or phone, you can reset your password to the same as your email account.
Click on the first option to get code on your email and then the “Continue” button.
Click on the second option to getting code on your phone number and then the “Continue” button.
Now you will get a unique 6 digit code either your mail or phone number based on your choice. Enter that code into the recovery checkbox and click continue.
Set Strong New Password
Now set a “strong” password for your Facebook account.
Having weak passwords like dob, phone number, or your name makes it easy for hackers to gain access to your information.
After create your password, click on the “Continue” button to get logged in your Facebook account.
Find your Facebook Account: Click Facebook’s Find Your Account Link and enter your email address or phone number to find your original account. You can also search your account by using a Facebook profile name. Type you Facebook profile name and enter, you’ll see a list of accounts that have your name, if you found your profile on this list, choose This is My Account when you see your profile photo, and follow the instructions from there to reset your password and regain access to your account.
Forgot Facebook Username: If you’re not sure what is your Facebook account username is, just ask a friend to login their Facebook account and navigate to your profile, then send you the URL that shows up on the URL bar. Facebook username URL will be like https://www.facebook.com/john.smith.901. The last part, john.smith.901, is your username. If Facebook is able to find your account, you’ll be guided through instructions to recover your password and regain access to your account.
Alternate Email or Phone Number: Still If you’re unable to find your account then try to use an alternate email address or phone number which you given while created on Facebook. This will help you to reset your Facebook account password.
Use Trusted Contacts to Recover Your Account
If you’ve tried all the above methods and still nothing works, don’t worry. You can recover your Facebook account using a trusted contacts method.
To use and succeed in this method, you need to choose your friends or family after you created your Facebook account. Here are the steps for the initial setup facebook trusted contact.
- Login to Facebook (remember, for this part of the process you need to still have access).
- Go to your profile, in the upper-right corner, click the down-arrow and select Settings.
- In the left side column, select Security and Login.
- In the Choose Friends area, click Choose Friends to contact option and edit.
- In the Choose Trusted Contacts search box, type the trusted contacts of three to five Facebook friends and then click Confirm.
To use your trusted contacts to regain access to your Facebook account by following these steps.
- Go to Facebook’s login page.
- Under the Password field, click Forgot Account.
- In the “Reset Your Password” page, click No longer have access to these.
- In the “How Can We Reach You” page, enter an email address or phone number you can access, then click Continue.
- Click Reveal My Trusted Contacts and type the name of one of the contacts you previously assigned.
- Next, you’ll see some instructions and a recovery code link.
- Send that links to your trusted contact friends and ask them to follow it and send you the code they see.
- Now use the code to access your account.