If you want to promote yourself or your brand, TikTok is the best platform. TikTok is a short video-sharing social media app owned by Chinese-based tech company ByteDance. This mobile platform is very famous in between young age people around 13 to 40 that allows users to create, edit, and share short-form video clips with various filters and adding the latest music trends. With over 1.1 billion monthly active users, this is one of the most downloaded apps in the world.
TikTok offers golden opportunities for marketers and influencers to grow brand awareness and money-making too. However other social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitch; you can’t go live directly. In 2019, TikTok launched their Live feature which is mainly for content creators to live to stream their videos from the platform.
TikTok Live video streaming allows TikTokers to connect with their followers in real-time using comments and also it helps you to monetize your account if any of your audience sends you virtual “gifts.”
In this article, we will guide you on how to go live on TikTok on your mobile along with sharing tips and tricks that you can leverage to maximize the results of your live videos.
How to Go Live on TikTok
Going live on TikTok is as easy as recording a regular video on your mobile device. Before going live you should check that you’re having the latest version of the Tik Tok app.
TikTok Live Stream Eligibility
If you’re new to this platform, TikTok live option is not available to you. To unlock this live streaming feature you need to fulfill the below conditions:
- You should have a minimum count of 1,000 followers from different countries.
- You should be at least 16 years old to go live and above 18 years to receive TikTok live gifts.
Getting 1000 followers is simple if you provide quality and engaging video content. If you meet the TikTok live rules and requirements, you can begin streaming yourself to the world through the TikTok community.
Follow the below steps to start the live streaming process on your Android or iOS device:
Step 1: Open the TikTok app.
Step 2: Tap the + button at the bottom of the screen.
Step 3: Tap the Live option under the record button.
Step 4: Enter a title (32-characters) for your live stream; this should describe the content of the stream to potential viewers. Use relevant and popular hashtags to reach more fans.
Pro Tip: For instance, the caption below includes “IVR-Follow” which stands for “I’m very rich” to tell that the streamer would like to exchange virtual gifts or followers during the stream.
Step 5: Click Go Live to begin.
Step 6: Add smooth and filters to enhance your video’s quality.
Step 7: There is no limit on the duration of live on TikTok, if you feel to stop live, press the ‘X’ button to end the stream.
Follow the below tips for your live stream going without any moderation or copyright issues.
- Hateful content or speech that targets particular communities
- Fraud, cybercrimes, or money laundering
- Kidnapping or extortion
- Drug trafficking or consumption
- Human or organ trafficking
- Self-harm or suicidal actions
- Terror-laced content
- Violent extremist acts on humans or animals
Ideas for TikTok Live Stream
You can able to provide creative content for your TikTok fans because there is no restriction on live time duration. Here are some of the great tips to explore on your TikTok live broadcasts ideas:
- Myths and detailed info about your brand/product/industry
- Behind-the-scene (BTS) coverage of branded events
- How-to demos by using your products or services
- Ask-me-anything (AMA) sessions with followers
- Interviews with industry experts thought leaders, or influencers
- Playing interactive games with your followers.
- You can exchange gifts with participants to incentivize them to join in the game and follow your account.
Common FAQs on TikTok Live Broadcasts
How Much Followers on TikTok to go live
You need at least 1000 followers from various countries to give live on TikTok.
How to watch others TikTok live videos
- Open your TikTok Application
- Tap on the notification tab
- Tap on the Top LIVEs option at the top of the page and tap the Watch option
- Choose from the list
- You can Swipe up to watch more live streamings
The other simple method is you can simply search the TikToker username on the search bar and open their profile. If the user is live it will show a reddish circle outline with “LIVE” written on the display picture. So you can now click that and watch their live video.
If you’re not a big fan of TikTok, we have also listed some of the best TikTok alternative apps for Android and iOS mobiles.