In late 2018, Instagram introduced a new feature called “Music Sticker” to their users in limited countries and not available for everyone. Later this photo and video sharing social media application expanded the feature in 2019 in India with a bunch of new soundtracks, including Hindi, Punjabi, Tamil, and Bollywood. Now, after three years of wait, users in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Middle East, and North African regions can get the Instagram music sticker feature. So that now globally all Instagram users can add music to their Instagram and Facebook Stories easily. You can even add music directly from other apps like Spotify, Shazam, and SoundCloud.
Instagram Stickers feature may be unavailable in Japan and for countries located in Europe.
Most Instagram users take advantage of the Stories feature, which allows you to post photos and videos with various instagram stickers such as gifs, location, emojis, poll, Question and Answer sticker, and even music added in. If you are wondering how to use this music lyrics feature on Instagram, then here’s a simple and quick step-by-step guide on how to do that.
How to Add Music On Instagram Story
- Open the Instagram app on your Android or iOS device.
- Swipe left from your feed’s home screen to access the Stories feature. Alternatively, you can also tap the plus “+” sign on your profile picture in the top-left corner to create a new Story.
- Now, you need to capture an image or shoot a video using an inbuilt Instagram camera app or pick from your gallery.
- Add the filters, text, and everything you want to add to your story.
- Now Swipe Up and choose the Music sticker.
- Once selected the sticker, it loads and shows a complete music library with two categories such as, ‘For You’ and ‘Browse’.
- You can either search for a particular song in the search tab or browse for songs based on Genre, Mood, and Theme.
- Once you have selected your favorite song, select the part of the song you want to add to your story.
- You can add up to 5 – 15 seconds of music to your Instagram Story.
- If lyrics are available for the chosen song, you can customize its appearance in six different ways. If lyrics are not available, you can customize the appearance in two ways like a small text box with the song name and cover art of the album.
- Now tap “Done” when finished. You can drag the song icon wherever on the screen and resize the icon with your fingers to make it larger or smaller.
- Then finally post your Story as you normally would.
The above how to add music to Instagram story steps working fine for both android and iOS Insta app.
How to Add Spotify Music to Instagram Story
- Open the Spotify app on your iOS or Android device, and choose the music you want to add to your Instagram Story.
- After opening the song, click on Settings -> ellipsis icon(three dotted icon) -> Share.
- In the “Share” menu, select “Instagram Stories.”
- Now a pop-up will ask your permission to open the Instagram app.
- Click on Your Story or Send to -> Your story to post the song as your story.
- Story viewers can also listen to the song on Spotify by selecting the Play on Spotify link.
How to Add Soundcloud Music to Instagram Story
- Open the SoundCloud app on your android or iOS device.
- Now search for the song that you want to share on the story and tap the ellipsis icon.
- Then, Select Share to Instagram Stories.
- Soundcloud app will redirect to the Instagram app automatically upload the selected song or album.
- Click on Your Story or Send to -> Your story to post your story.
- Once your story is posted on Instagram, a link will appear at the top of the Story that says “Play on SoundCloud.” Anyone who views your Story can click this link and play the music.
You can also add shazam app music on Instagram story by following the above steps that we explained on Spotify and SoundCloud add music in an Instagram story.
How to Add Music to Instagram Story with Lyrics
Instagram music feature allows users to show this music on your IG story in six different ways. If you want to put your story along with lyrics, follow the below simple steps.
- Open Instagram App
- Swipe left and add a photo or video that you need to post on the story.
- Swipe up and select the music sticker.
- Now select the song which has the lyrics option.
- You’ll have four different lyric-formatting options to choose from by tapping any of the available “A” icons.
- Add that music to your story with lyrics in your post.
Users can also add music to Instagram story without lyrics by simply selecting the cover photo of the song.
Instagram Music Story Not Available Region
While uploading a story with a music sticker, if you receive any pop-up notification like Instagram music not available in my region, it is simply because the platform is yet to get the music license and legal procedures for your region.
As per the latest Instagram update, this music story sticker is available for everyone except japan and European region countries.
If you still want to know how to add music in your Instagram story, then use VPN to access this feature. Follow the below steps on how to download and use a VPN to fix the ‘Instagram Music Isn’t Available in Your Region’ error
- Open the Google Play or App Store on your device and search for a free VPN app.
- Install the VPN app on your phone.
- Open the app and connect to a server of the US, UK, Australia, India, Canada, or any other country where Instagram music is available.
- Now uninstall your Instagram app and install it again.
- Now open the Instagram app again with the VPN enabled.
- That’s it! You can now listen to Instagram music in other users’ stories and add it to your own stories regardless of your actual location.
Note: As per experts’ suggestion, don’t try this method because it has some privacy and data security issues.
Why is My Instagram Music Story Not Working
Instagram music sticker feature not working issue occurred is very rare. To fix this Instagram story not working error, follow the simple solution.
- Update the latest version of the Instagram app in Google play store or App store.
- Uninstall and Reinstall the app.
- Try by Switching the personal account or creator account on your current profile.
- Use VPN to access Instagram music.
- Contact the Instagram support team, if you need more guidance.
Same as music sticker, various other sticker options will help to increase more IG story views for public profiles of individual and business accounts. I hope this article will be very useful for you if you’re new to Instagram and music sticker features.