If you’re changing your mobile from an Android device to an iPhone or vice versa, there are several things that you need to keep in mind. The first thing is you have to transfer your contacts, photos, and other files from your existing device to the new device. WhatsApp is the 3rd most used social media application in 2021 and it’s one of our most frequently used applications on everyone’s mobile. When changing devices, it’s also important to make sure to transfer your WhatsApp data from android to iPhone or iOS to Android device. WhatsApp officially does not provide any method to easily transfer data from one phone to another unless both the devices use the platform. The main reason WhatsApp is not capable of migrating the chat data between the operating systems is because of how the backup works in iOS and Android.
WhatsApp in Android uses Google Drive to back up its data whereas, in iOS, it uses iCloud to back up the data. This makes it impossible to sync WhatsApp data across Android and iOS. Telegram on the other hand backs up the data by itself which makes it easy for multi-device login and syncing across the operating systems.
How to Transfer Whatsapp From Android to iPhone
If you don’t know how to transfer WhatsApp data from android to iPhone or iPhone to Android, follow the below guide and successfully transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iOS.
Dr.Fone – WhatsApp Transfer from Android to iPhone
Wondershare’s Dr.Fone is one of the most reliable apps to transfer your WhatsApp data from Android to iOS. It has been helping a lot of users to migrate their chats seamlessly. “Restore Social App (iOS & Android)” has free and paid software, please check their official website for a better understanding of this WhatsApp backup tool.
- First, download the dr.fone tool on your computer.
- Now, connect your Android device and iPhone to the computer.
- Open the dr.fone tool and tap on ‘Restore social app’.
- Select ‘WhatsApp’ and click on ‘Transfer WhatsApp messages.
- The app will now connect to both your phones and show the two devices on the screen.
- Click the ‘Transfer’ button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- The transfer process will begin, and you will be able to see the transfer status on your computer.
- Once the transfer is complete, tap the ‘Ok’ button and disconnect your device.
Follow the same steps and transfer your WhatsApp chat data from iPhone to android also.
Restore WhatsApp Backup From Android to iOS Devices
- Connect your new iOS device to which you wish to transfer your WhatsApp chats.
- Now, click on “Restore to device” to start the restoring process.
- In the backup list, select the recent WhatsApp backup file, select it and click “Next”.
- Now click “Restore” and the tool will start to restore all your backup WhatsApp data.
- Just wait until the whole process is done. After the progress gets to 100%, the WhatsApp data is successfully transferred to your iOS device.
How Transfer WhatsApp Messages From Android to iOS Via Email Method
Users can also transfer their WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone by using email. However, this is a slow process as you can transfer only one chat at once.
- Open WhatsApp on your Android device and go to ‘Settings’.
- Click on ‘Chats’ and then select ‘Chat history’.
- Now Click on ‘Export Chat’ and select the contact whose chat you want to transfer.
- Now, you can select whether you want to include the media in the backup or not.
- Select Gmail and enter the recipient’s email address. You can use your own email address also.
- Tap send and restore this message in your iPhone.
Users can also Transfer WhatsApp chat from Android to iPhone using the Google drive method.
Best WhatsApp Data Transfer Software 2021
- iTransor for WhatsApp
- Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer
- Backuptrans – iPhone to Android WhatsApp Transfer