Facebook-owned WhatsApp is one of the biggest social messaging applications with over 2 billion active users all over the world and daily 100 billion messages exchanged. If you are using WhatsApp on the desktop for business or personal work, then this is good news for you. Recently WhatsApp is rolling out an update for receiving voice and video calls on its desktop app for both Windows and Mac. As of now, it supports one-to-one calls, but in the future, it will expand group voice and video calls. The new WhatsApp web feature will work fine in both landscape and portrait orientations, and the video and voice calls appear in a separate resizable window.
Download WhatsApp for Desktop
If you don’t have WhatsApp on your computer, you can easily download it on its official website. WhatsApp application does not support windows 7 and below version operating systems. You must have windows 8 and a higher os platform to install and use the WhatsApp web desktop app without any interruption. For more, you need to have a mac os 10.10 and a higher version.
Which versions of WhatsApp’s desktop apps can make calls?
This WhatsApp video calling feature is supported on Windows 10 64-bit version 1903 or newer and macOS 10.13 or newer version application. WhatsApp Calling feature is not available in some countries like China, Syria, Iran, North Korea, Cuba, and a few more.
System requirements for WhatsApp Video call on PC
To make Whatsapp voice and video calls on PC devices, your system should meet the following requirements.
- Need a webcam to make video calls and audio output device and microphone for calls.
- Strong internet connection on your computer or phone (internet sharing).
- Mainly you must grant WhatsApp permission to access your computer’s microphone and camera to make calls.
How to Make WhatsApp Video Calls on Mac or Windows PC?
- First, install the latest version of WhatsApp’s desktop app for Windows or Mac.
- Scan the QR code on your computer by using your mobile device.
- Now your WhatsApp account will open on the screen.
- Now open a chat and click the voice call icon or the video call icon at the top right corner.
- Finally, a WhatsApp call will be placed directly from the desktop.
The company spokesperson said, Whether you call from a mobile or personal computer, the security and privacy features will remain the same and calls are end-to-end encrypted. So you don’t worry about WhatsApp security.