In these challenging times where finding a job can be very stressful and difficult. The best and first step to finding a new opportunity is to let others know you’re looking. So LinkedIn has released an “Open to Work” feature to help you let employers, recruiters, and your network knows you’re looking for a job. LinkedIn says this feature would make the job seekers more discoverable to hiring recruiters and managers. We made it easy to privately signal recruiters that you’re open to work, specify the types of jobs you’re interested in, and indicate your preferred start date and location — ensuring you show up in more recruiter search results who used LinkedIn Recruiter tool. More than 30 million members have used this tool to help them find their next job.
This article will guide you on how to announce you are looking for a job on LinkedIn in a few easy steps.
How to Add Open To Work on LinkedIn
- Log in to your LinkedIn Profile.
- Right top on your profile picture and click ‘View profile’.
- Under your picture click: “Show recruiters you’re open to work”
- Fill in your job preferences such as Job titles, locations, start date, and job types.
- Click the “choose who sees that you’re open” to select if you want to see only recruiters or all LinkedIn members with #opentowork badge on the LinkedIn profile photo.
How to Add Open To Work Frame on Linkedin Profile Picture
- Open your LinkedIn profile and click your profile photo.
- Now choose the frames option.
- Select OpenToWork photo frame and select apply, it automatically updates your profile picture.
If in case you’re hiring manager or recruiter, you can choose Hiring photo frame on your LinkedIn profile.
Once enabled, the LinkedIn Open To Work photo frame will be added to your profile picture so anyone who sees your profile will know you are open to new job opportunities and they help you connect with recruiters.
How to Remove Open To Work on LinkedIn
If you want to turn off open to work from your LinkedIn profile,
- Log in to your LinkedIn profile and go to my profile.
- Click on your Profile Picture and Choose Frames
- Now Set Original profile photo.
Once you apply, your Open To Work frame will be removed and the normal photo updated.
The company further stated that to protect your privacy, they prevent LinkedIn Recruiters who work at your company and related companies from seeing your shared career interests, but, complete privacy still cannot be guaranteed.
With the help of this article, hope you all know how to let recruiters know you’re open on LinkedIn and put on your profile.