WhatsApp is one of the most popular global mobile messenger apps all over the world with nearly two billion monthly active users it is the most preferred chat app on everyone’s phone to interact with friends, families, and professionals through chat, audio, and video calls. You can also share stories, documents, and live locations, and send and receive money to your WhatsApp contacts.
For this reason, the Meta-owned messaging platform keeps adding many new features on its Android and iOS devices to provide its customers with a smooth and easier messaging experience. But the lesser known feature is pinned chat on WhatsApp.
What is WhatsApp Pinned Chat?
The Pinned Chat feature on Whatsapp allows you to pin chats on the top of your chat list so that you don’t want to scroll down or search for the chat on the Search bar. You can pin up to 3 of the most important chats on your profile.
“With pinned chats, you never have to worry about scrolling through the long list of conversations to text your family members or your best friend. Users can now pin up to three of the most important group or individual chats to the top of their chat list for easy access – simply tap and hold a chat, and then tap the pin icon at the top of your screen,” noted WhatsApp in a press statement.
Pinning a chat on WhatsApp is easy for both mobile(android and ios) and desktop versions. Here is a step-by-step guide to pin and unpin chats on WhatsApp.
How to Pin a WhatsApp Chat on Android
- Open your WhatsApp account on your Android device.
- On the chat tab press and hold the chat you want to pin.
- Now it will display options like Pin, Delete, Mute, and Archive.
- Select the Pin icon on the given options.
- Once done, it will remain on the top always.
Like this, you can add a maximum of 3 chats pinned on your WhatsApp profile whether it’s a personal chat or a group chat.
Also, Read – Instagram Allows You To Pin 3 Posts on Your Profile
How to Pin Chats on an iOS Device
Follow the below steps to Pin a chat using your iPhone.
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Now, swipe right on the chat you want to pin.
- It will display options like Pin, Delete, Mute, and Archive icons at the top right corner of the screen.
- From the given options, tap the Pin icon.
How To Pin Chat on WhatsApp Web
- Open WhatsApp on the web, and choose the chat or conversation you want to pin.
- Now, either right-click on the chat or click on the downward pointing arrow that shows when you hover on the chat with your mouse.
- Click on “Pin Chat” from the list of options that pop up.
- Now the chat will be pinned to the top of your list.
How To Unpin WhatsApp Chat
You can also unpin your pinned chat at any time with the below simple steps.
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Android users: Tap and hold the pinned chat, then tap Unpin chat.
- iPhone users: Swipe right on the pinned chat, then tap Unpin.