What is Kik Messenger App
Kik is a free mobile messaging and social networking application started on October 19, 2010, that supports both android and iPhone to connect with your friends and family. Now, this Kik app is acquired by a California-based MediLab company. It’s similar to Viber and WhatsApp but has fewer features when compared to those messaging apps. The important feature of this app is, that it doesn’t require you to use your phone number to sign up for Kik and it sends messages with just your email address, which helps maintain your privacy.
As of 2016, Kik Messenger had around 300 million registered users and 40% of teenagers in the U.S used this app regularly. Kik hasn’t disclosed any user statistics since 2016, but some sources said 7.72 million unique users monthly and users engagement wise it’s the 6th top social messaging app in the U.S. as of September 2019. The users’ growth rate is drastically down due to privacy concerns and security reasons and mainly Kik Messenger’s CEO and founder Ted Livingston announced they shut down the Kik app on 19th October 2019 with over 100 employees laid off. However, Medialab acquired Kik Messenger and started to run.
How to Sign Up for Kik Account
To create a Kik account or register on Kik, you will need to first of all download the Kik app on your device.
- Download Kik App for Android – not available in PlayStore. So download directly from the website.
- Download Kik App for iPhone
If you aren’t able to find the Kik app on the play store, your country is blocked to use. The Kik app is not working in countries such as India, Germany, Netherlands, Canada, Australia, UAE, and some other south Asian countries. So check the best secure third-party website and download it but it’s not the suggested way to install it.
After successfully installing this app on your mobile device follow the below steps to register a Kik account.
- Open your Kik messenger application
- Click Register
- Now fill in all the data such as Name, Username, email, password, and birth date.
- Add your Kik profile photo
- If you want to add your friends who have already been on Kik, allow your contact list to read Kik, or else tap not now and find friends
- You must enter your valid email address to verify your Kik profile and it is used in the future to contact if you want to reset your password or deactivate your Kik account as well.
- Now the pop will show and ask you to confirm your email address. Click the ‘here’ link and now find the email from Kik titled “Welcome to Kik! Confirm Your Details Inside” and click on it to open it.
That’s it! Your Kik account is ready to use. This signup process for Kik profile is the same for both an iPhone and android mobile.
Also, Read – Signup QQ international Account
How to Login to Kik Account
Once you have completed the registration of your Kik account, you will also need to log in Kik account to check. If it’s logged in, you can chat with your friends. It is easy for you to sign in Kik account after Kik sign Up as follows;
- Launch your Kik messenger app
- Click on Sign in
- Enter your Kik username and Kik Password
- Click on sign in
Is the Kik App is Safe to Use
Kik is safe to use same as other top social media platforms until you follow their privacy and security guidelines more importantly secure and frequent password changes. However, there are potential risks to using Kik’s internal dating-style apps because it includes cyberbullying, experiencing or sharing inappropriate content, and chatting with strangers which is very easy to do on the Kik app. To avoid these problems, users should follow rules that apply to all online interactions for young people; only share data with trust in real life, block/report unwanted contacts, think before you click, and report any inappropriate data or messages to a trusted adult.