In this fast-moving internet world, YouTube is the most vital social media network for everyone’s day to day life. With over 2.0 Billion active users which is the 2nd most popular social media platform in the world.
YouTube Statistics 2020
- 2nd Most used social media site after Facebook (2.7B users)
- 79% of internet users have at least one YouTube Account.
- 8 out of 10 marketers think YouTube is an effective video platform for business.
- Everyday 1 Billion hours of videos watched by YouTube users.
- 70% of YouTube watch time comes from mobile.
- 90% of people discover new brands and products on YouTube.
- Daily 720,000 Hours of Video Uploaded on YouTube.
We watch videos on YouTube everyday by signing in google account that saves all your watch and search history unless you’re in Incognito or private mode. YouTube does this to estimate your browsing habits and recommend videos to you next time. If you don’t want YouTube to save your search history, you can use YouTube without sign in or use the incognito feature on the browser.
In this article, we will let you know how to delete YouTube history permanently on all devices in easy steps.
How to Delete YouTube History on Computer
- How to Delete YouTube Search History on Computer
- Go to the YouTube website on your browser.
- Log in to your YouTube account with that associated email.
- Click Your Data on YouTube in the dropdown menu.
- Now you can see the recent YouTube Watch and Search History.
- Now choose the Manage your YouTube Search History option.
- It lists out your YouTube search history by date.
- Now select the Delete button and choose which data you want to delete based on the last hour, last day, all time, and custom range.
- Now hit the delete button and all your data is deleted.
You can also set up automatic deletions preferences
- Auto delete activity older than 3 months.
- Auto delete activity older than 18 months.
- Auto delete activity older than 36 months.
- Don’t auto-delete.
2. How to Delete YouTube Watch History on Computer
- Open your browser and log in to your YouTube account.
- Click Your Data in YouTube in the dropdown list.
- Now you can see the recent YouTube Watch and Search History of your activity.
- Now choose Manage your YouTube Watch History option.
- It shows your YouTube search history by date wise.
- Now select the Delete button and choose the data you want to delete based on the last hour, last day, all time, and custom range.
- Now click the delete button and all your data is deleted.
If you want to delete YouTube history google chrome, just open your chrome browser –> Press Ctrl + H → search YouTube on search history bar–> now select all or choose which topic you want to delete.
Delete YouTube Comment History
You can view all your posted comments on YouTube in comment history. To delete these comments on YouTube follow the below steps.
- Go to Comment History.
- Next to the comment, click or tap more.
- Select Edit or Delete.
How to Clear YouTube History on Android
Most YouTube users access this app through mobile, so it stores all your watch and search history on your mobile app and mainly it consumes more storage space for the device. So it is necessary to delete YouTube history on android or iPhone mobile frequently.
- Go to YouTube Mobile App on your mobile.
- In the app, Tap the Library button in the lower right hand.
- Now Tap the History option on your library folder.
- Next to the video details on the History page, tap those three vertical dots (ellipsis) and tap Remove from Watch History.
- In the history page, tap ellipsis and click History controls
- Now select Clear watch history or turn on Pause watch history on YouTube.
- A pop up will appear to ask for confirmation to delete your watch history.
- Click ok and now all your YouTube watch history data is deleted on your phone.
How To Delete YouTube Search History On iPhone
- Open the YouTube App on the iPhone.
- Tap the profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down and press the Search History Clear button.
- For confirmation, press the Clear Search History button again.
Are you thinking of how can i delete YouTube history on iPad? Follow the same procedure and delete YouTube history on iPad too. To erase search history for your account, go to your profile picture –> Settings –> History & privacy –> tap Clear search history.
View and Delete YouTube History on Smart TV
Here are the steps on how to delete history directly from your TV like Samsung
- Turn on your smart TV and go to the installed apps list.
- Find & Select YouTube app.
- Select the hamburger icon to open the main menu on YouTube.
- Choose Settings and History.
- Choose Clear watch history to delete it.
Manage YouTube history settings through MyActivity
Google has a utility feature called MyActivity that allows users to manage any of the history recorded when using google services such as Web & App Activity, Location History, and YouTube History. To manage the history of your YouTube account or any of Google’s other services read this post: How do view, edit and disable google search history?
Keep in mind once your search or watch history is deleted, you won’t be able to find it again. Here it’s a direct link to Clear YoTtube History: https://www.youtube.com/feed/history