Snapchat is one of the most popular photo and video sharing social media app available for Android, iOS, and Windows. Snapchat has a lot of features like shoot 60-second snaps, create your own geo-filter, draw with emoji, use multiple filters on the same snap, Bitmoji Tv, travel mode feature to save data and many more things. Every app will down, crash while using, errors occur sometimes. Snapchat also provides a lot of updates for the app which sometimes could cause errors and issues. In this article, we will discuss some of the common Snapchat errors and solutions to fix those errors.
Common Error Messages in Snapchat
- Blocked Network Error Message
- Fix Snapchat Won’t Load Snaps or Stories
- Couldn’t connect Into Snapchat
- Snapchat Account Locked
- Snapchat Filters Not Working
- Snapchat camera on android issues
- Snapchat Login Errors
- Fix Snapchat Could Not Refresh Error
- Snapchat Is Freezing and Getting Hang
Blocked Network Error Message
If you encounter this error you might have a suspicious activity coming from your IP address. If Snapchat detects this, it will block the network and display the blocked error message.
To fix this blocked network error message
- If you’re using a VPN, try to turn it off.
- Try to use different networks, such as your mobile data or a different Wi-Fi network.
Snapchat Won’t Load Snaps or Stories
Some users complained that Snapchat won’t be able to load snap or stories sometimes. There is no error message or warning popup not showing but the screen will go black. This issue snaps or stories not loading or open issue can found on various mobile devices even on iPhone too. To fix this error try the below tips
- Clear Snapchat Cache
- Clear Conversation
- Check Internet Connection
- Re-add A Friend on who sent that snap or story
- Restart Your Phone
- Update or Reinstall Snapchat
Could Not Connect’ Error Message
This error mainly occurs when you’re trying to use an unauthorized third-party app with Snapchat. The best way to resolving this issue is to uninstall any plugins or apps that use your Snapchat login information (username and password). After that download the official Snapchat app and try logging in again.
Snapchat Account Locked Message
Snapchat might be locked in your account if they detected any suspicious activity coming from your account. According to Snapchat, one of these activities might be the reason for snapchat account locked:
- Use of third-party apps, plugins, or Snapchat jailbroken methods trying to access Snapchat
- Sending add friends request for too many users quickly when your account hasn’t yet been verified.
- Sending spam or adultery or nude snaps/chat messages.
Unlock Snapchat Account
Snapchat accounts locked temporarily only, so you need to wait 24 hours before trying to log in again. If your account remains locked for more than one day, you can try the unlocking method of the snapchat account. You’ll need to sign in to your account from a web browser, and then select the yellow Unlock button.
Snapchat Filters Not Working
The main reason for the biggest success of Snapchat is its variety of filters. Snapchat filters scan the user’s entire face as a picture or even as a video selfie and add special effect sounds within a second. Previously we had to pay for those filters lens and buy it from the lens stores. But now these awesome filters are free to use for all users.
We saw there are plenty of queries like Snapchat filters not working for Snapchat users. Here is how to fi Snapchat filters not working issue
1) First, check whether the Snapchat app is updated one or not by going to the play store or app store. If it is not, please update and use it to enjoy the snap filters.
2) If you use large size and high graphical games applications that slow down the phone speed. That time Snapchat filters sometimes won’t work properly, so reboot your mobile and try again.
3) Check the Snapchat Filter option in the advanced preference option is turned on or not. If it’s not please turn on. Follow the steps to activation Snapchat filters
- Open the Snapchat app.
- Swipe down on your cam screen.
- Tap on your profile in the upper-left corner.
- Tap “Additional Services” under settings and tap on the manage button.
- Now tap on the “Filters” option by toggle the filters on.
4) Snapchat lens and video filters require the latest android version and high ram usage so it’s advised to use higher specification mobiles for not facing these issues.
5) Snapchat app and its filters require high-speed data connectivity to activate filters. So make sure that your internet connection is active with good data speed.
Snapchat Login Problems
To fix the Snapchat login errors, follow the below tips
- If you’re having trouble signing your Snapchat account, the first thing you should do is check if Snap’s servers are down.
- If Snap’s servers are up and running but you still can’t sign in, check your typed username and password correctly or not.
- If still can’t log in it may be an issue with your data connection. By toggling airplane mode on and off generally to fix this issue.
- If all these methods won’t work, simply uninstall and reinstall the app. After installing restart your phone. Hope now it will work.
Snapchat Camera on Android Issues
On launching the Snapchat app, the app shows Snapchat was unable to open the Camera on Android or iPhone. If your camera is working fine on other apps like Instagram or QR Scanner, then, the problem is the Snapchat app. To fix Snapchat camera on android error,
- Check your Snapchat get access to use a camera. If not, go to Settings->Apps->Snapchat->permission->Camera for granting permission.
- Use an updated version of the Snapchat application.
- Make sure to use a stable and high-speed mobile or wifi data connection.
Snapchat Could Not Refresh Error
While using Snapchat suddenly an error message pops up like “Could Not Connect – please check your internet connection and try again”. Sometimes due to rush on the server or due to traffic our speed gets slow this error occurs, it is also related to login issues. If you got this error then no matter how many times you are giving correct login credentials you won’t be able to log in. To fix this Snapchat could not refresh error,
- Toggle airplane mode on and off.
- Login with good internet speed.
- Clear Caches of the Snapchat app.
- Restart your mobile and try.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app.
- If the Snapchat server is down, that may be the reason this error will occur so wait for sometimes.
If still that error shows then back up your phone data and performs a factory reset to resolve this error.
Snapchat Is Freezing and Getting Hang
Like many other apps, Snapchat is also freezing, crashing, and getting hang sometimes which is frustrated for users. There are many ways to troubleshoot and fix the issue, so don’t get tensed if this Snapchat error occurs. To fix Snapchat hang and crashing issue
- Clear cache of your Snapchat and then force stop the application.
- Now reboot your mobile and launching the app again
- Now you may log in your account and able use any hang issues.
- If it does not work, Uninstall the Snapchat app and Reinstall fresh.
I cover all the major snapchat errors and give solutions for that still your problem not fixed, delete snapchat account (Just Kidding). Hope this article will really helpful for all Snapchat users to fix the errors by yourself.